Using Benefits

Where Can I Shop?

A WIC vendor is a grocery store or pharmacy that is approved by the state WIC office to accept eWIC cards. All WIC approved vendors are listed in the "WIC Approved Vendors" document below:

What are the Approved WIC Foods?

All approved foods are listed on the "WIC Approved Foods List" document below:

How Do I Let WIC Know if I had a Problem Using my Food Benefits?

The Iowa WIC Program is very interested in knowing about specific problems you have using your eWIC card. If you have a problem or a complaint, please send us a message with contact information if you would like to discuss your concern here: Contact Us or fill out the attached form and mail it to us.

For more information about WIC, call 1-800-532-1579 or (515) 281-6650. You may also use the Contact Us system to send us a question online.


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

Read the full USDA Non-Discrimination Statement and to learn how to file a complaint.