Culturally Competent Substance Abuse Treatment
The following providers were awarded a grant from July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2016, to implement Culturally Competent Substance Abuse Treatment pilot projects (CCTP), through a request for proposal process:
- Area Substance Abuse Council, Linn County
- Jackson Recovery Services Inc., Woodbury County
- Season's Center, Sioux - Buena Vista
The objectives of the CCTP are to:
- Increase substance abuse treatment options for targeted cultural, ethnic, or racial populations.
- Provide substance abuse treatment services using evidence-based methods or curricula that have demonstrated positive outcomes with the target population.
- Identify barriers and work with community supportive services to assist clients to participate in and complete CCTP services.
- Assess CCTP effectiveness and client outcomes by maintaining contact with clients for six (6) months after discharge.
- Disseminate CCTP information including, but not limited to, programming, lessons learned, community involvement, and outcomes.
- Train staff to work more effectively with the target population.
- Measure cultural competence and cultural satisfaction of clients, family members and staff.
For more information: