Integrated Provider Network (IPN)
The Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) Substance Use and Problem Gambling Services Integrated Provider Network (IPN) is a statewide, community-based, resiliency- and recovery-oriented system of care for substance use and problem gambling services (prevention, early intervention, treatment, and recovery support).
The IPN brings together three previously separate service systems: Substance Abuse Prevention, Substance Use Disorder Treatment, and Problem Gambling Prevention and Treatment, as directed in legislation beginning in 2009. IPN services are funded by the State General Fund appropriation to IDPH for substance use and problem gambling services and the SAMHSA Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant.
IPN contractors were selected in 2018 through a competitive Request for Proposals (RFP) process and launched January 1, 2019. The RFP process evaluated applicant capability and experience to:
- Educate the public
- Assess local needs
- Understand state and national policy
- Inform and collaborate with each other and with stakeholders
- Reduce stigma
- Prevent substance use and gambling problems
- Intervene with at-risk or in-need persons and populations
- Provide effective treatment, and
- Support early remission and long term recovery
Click here for listing of IPN Providers by Service Area
Through the IPN, contractors assist IDPH to protect and improve the health of Iowans by meeting the following three goals:
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive and effective system of care for substance use and gambling problems through a statewide, integrated network of services and providers.
- Reduce substance use and gambling problems through public education, evidence-based prevention, and early intervention services.
- Increase remission and recovery from substance use disorders and problem gambling through timely, accessible, ongoing, and effective treatment services.
Data Reporting & Claims
Documents & Forms
Meetings & Trainings
Network Support Services
Quality Improvement & Evaluation
Please direct questions and technical assistance requests to the IPN Help Desk at email@example.com.