Click here to open the calendar of classroom training opportunities. The calendar will display up to four months of upcoming events by default. To display additional months, you can use the arrow keys near the bottom of the calendar to scroll to the next month. By default the calendar is set to display "All Events." If you hover your mouse over the event, it will display a brief synopsis of the event details and categories of continuing education hours awarded. Click on the calendar event for details on course location and contact information for course registration.
To filter the events by categories, look for the drop down box that says "All Events" near the top of the page. Click on the green arrows to apply a category filter. Be advised, however, that if you filter events for a specific content area, the results may not be entirely accurate. Some courses are approved for multiple disciplines (e.g. plumbing, hydronics, HVAC/R) and the training calendar currently allows us to choose only one category per event. The course details, however, will show all categories that the course is approved for.
Note: Not all courses or instructors submit information to have their classes posted to the board training calendar. To find other courses in your area, contact your local trade unions, community colleges, or other approved instructors. The training calendar is provided as a courtesy and is maintained by staff as time allows.
If you are a board-approved instructor and would like to have your courses posted to our training calendar, please submit the "Schedule of Courses Notification Form" available from the "Continuing Education" link on the left side of this page.
The board has approved the following providers for online training. Up to half of the continuing education hours required for each renewal can be obtained through online training. Contact these providers to register for board-approved online courses.
Please note that this list of online course providers and the training calendar are provided as a courtesy and is only maintained as staff time allows.
- 1 Attempt (At Your Pace Online): Contact David Modica, phone 877-724-6150; email: email@example.com. Website to register for courses: www.TradesmanCE.com.
- 1st Choice CE: Contact 1st Choice CE, phone 1-800-698-2770; email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website to register for courses: https://www.1stchoice-ce.com/.
- All Star Training: Contact John Mason, phone 817-385-1136; email: Support@AllstarCE.com. Website to register for courses: https://AllstarCE.com/.
- Comfort Products Distributing: Contact John Jones, phone 402-708-4543; email: email@example.com
- Des Moines Area Community College: Website to register for courses: www.dmacc.edu.
- Heartstarters: Contact Mary Housky, phone 605-371-2276; email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website to register for courses: www.heartstarters.org.
- IAPMO: Contact Denise Voorhees, phone 1-877-427-6601; email: email@example.com. Website to register for courses: www.iapmolearn.org.
- Innovative Business Consultants: Contact AJ Hanscom or Aaron Iacino, phone 712-277-2424; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Website to register for courses: www.ibcins.biz.
- JADE Learning: Contact Naomi Yencich, phone 800-443-5233; email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website to register for courses: www.jadelearning.com.2018 IMC Part 2; Mechanical Code - 2 hours and HVAC/R Discipline - 2 hours = Total of 4 hours.
- Kirkwood Continuing Education: Contact Kirkwood Community College, phone 319-398-1022 or 800-332-8833; email: contactce@Kirkwood.edu. Website to register for courses: https://kirkwood.augusoft.net/.
- North Forty Training: Contact Cory Paeper, phone 515-988-2218; email: email@example.com; Register: https://north40training.com
- The CEU Authority: Contact Audrey Pins, phone 515-333-1293; email: Audrey@theceuauthority.com. Website to register for courses: www.theceuauthority.com.
- The Refinery Resource: Contact John von Harz, phone 515-4918342; email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website to register for courses: www.resourcerefinery.com.
List of Approved Instructors
These instructors have been approved by the Iowa Plumbing & Mechanical Systems Board to provide board-approved CEU classes for Iowa license renewal. To find a specific instructor or sponsor organization, use Ctrl-F in your browser to "Find" the information. (Last updated October 2020.)