Medical Cannabidiol Board
The Medical Cannabidiol Advisory Board consists of eight physicians of different specialties, and one representative from law enforcement. This page outline the board's roles and responsibilities, and information for past and future board meetings.
A duty of the Medical Cannabidiol Board is to submit an annual report to the general assembly detailing the activities of the Board, as well as recommendations for program improvement.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Medical Cannabidiol Board shall convene at least twice a year but no more than four times a year, to:
- Accept and review petitions to add medical conditions, medical treatments, or debilitating diseases to the list of debilitating medical conditions for which the medical use of cannabidiol would be medically beneficial;
- Make recommendations to remove or add debilitating medical conditions to the list of allowable debilitating medical conditions for which the medical use of cannabidiol would be medically beneficial;
- Work with IDPH regarding the requirements for licensure of medical cannabidiol manufacturers and dispensaries, including licensing procedures;
- Advise IDPH regarding the location of medical cannabidiol manufacturers and dispensaries throughout the state; and
- Make recommendations related to the form and quantity of allowable medical uses of cannabidiol.
The Medical Cannabidiol Board must submit a report detailing the activities of the board by January 1 of each year. It may also make recommendations on statutory revisions to the definition of medical cannabidiol that increases the tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) level to more than three percent; however, Iowa's General Assembly has the sole authority to review and amend the definition of medical cannabidiol for purposes of this Act.
Board Contact Information
All official communications, including submissions, petitions and requests, may be addressed to:
- The Medical Cannabidiol Board, Office of Medical Cannabidiol, Lucas State Office Building, 321 E. 12th Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0075.
- You may also call and leave a message for the Board at (515)-725-2076, or send an email at email@example.com.