Monthly newsletters are sent home with students to give families ideas for eating healthy on a tight budget. Newsletters often include tips for selecting, storing and using the produce featured in the monthly lessons. Please use the links below to access PDFs in both English and Spanish. Grayscale newsletters are provided for black and white printing. Programs interested in using the newsletters must read these guidelines first.
Use these newsletters with the Year 2 Pick a better snackTM lessons.
These newsletters focus on the fruit or vegetable tasted in the Pick a better snackTM Year 1 educator lessons.
These newsletters focus on the fruit or vegetable tasted in the Pick a better snackTM Year 2 educator lessons.
- English September, Zucchini
- English October, Pears
- English November, Sweet Potatoes
- English December, Kiwi
- English January, Garbanzo Beans
- English February, Pineapple
- English March, Sugar Snap Peas
- English April, Peaches
- English May, Spinach,
- Spanish September, Zucchini
- Spanish October, Pears
- Spanish November, Sweet Potatoes
- Spanish December, Kiwi
- Spanish January, Garbanzo Beans
- Spanish February, Pineapple
- Spanish March, Sugar Snap Peas
- Spanish April, Peaches
- Spanish May, Spinach