Frequently Asked Questions
Who does the program serve?
Families and children during the prenatal to preschool years who are eligible as determined through a standard assessment. Families participate in the program voluntarily.
What services does the program offer?
- Advocate for and link families to appropriate community services.
- Teach, demonstrate and coach parents on how to care for their child.
- Promote nurturing parent - child interaction.
- Teach and model appropriate parent behavior and methods of discipline.
- Provide prenatal information and support.
How do families get referred for program services?
- Provider's offices.
- Hospitals, following the birth of a child.
- WIC clinics.
- Maternal Child Health agencies.
- Word of mouth.
- Case workers.
- Other family support providers.
- Iowa Family Support Network
Is there any cost to participating families for program services?
No. The service is offered at no cost to all families determined to be eligible.