Iowa HIV and Hepatitis Community Planning Group
Statement of Purpose:
The CPG is composed of a group of people who have experience with HIV, STDs, and viral hepatitis, either because they belong to a population that is disproportionately affected by these conditions or because they work directly with people in these populations. Members of the CPG include people living with HIV/AIDS and/or hepatitis, health care providers, case managers, prevention service providers, educators, and people who represent populations affected by HIV and hepatitis.
The CPG’s primary purpose is to act in an advisory capacity to the staff of the Bureau of HIV, STD, and Hepatitis at the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH), and the main task is to ensure that the state has an inclusive and participatory planning and evaluation process for the delivery of prevention and care services. Specific tasks are described in the Statement of Work below.
National HIV/AIDS Strategy and the Action Plan for the Prevention, Care & Treatment of Viral Hepatitis.
Statement of Work:
In an advisory capacity to the IDPH, the CPG participates in the following activities:
- Reviews epidemiological data and highlight implications for current and future service provision;
- Reviews and discusses select core components of federal (notably HRSA and CDC) grant applications and work plans;
- Reviews prevention and care programmatic models and offers recommendations to strengthen programming, enhance services response, identifies gaps in programming, and highlights emerging population groups or needs;
- Provides feedback to IDPH’s federal funders and partners on grant applications and planning processes;
- Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of statewide plans for prevention and care services;
- Receives briefings on initiatives and programs that complement prevention and care service delivery, including partner services, substance use prevention and treatment, mental health services, educational programs, corrections programs, and homelessness/housing initiatives;
- Recommends policy changes and structural approaches that:
- Support the delivery of prevention and care services in Iowa;
- Support behaviors that reduce the risk of disease transmission;
- Reduce stigma associated with HIV and hepatitis; and
- Promote positive health outcomes for people living with HIV and/or hepatitis.
CPG Agenda & Minutes
CPG Membership Application
Draft Comprehensive HIV Plan 2017-2021