Water Treatment System Registration Program
The Water Treatment System Registration Program is responsible for:
- Confirming that water treatment systems sold in Iowa with claims to reduce health-related contaminants have appropriate third-party verification of the claims.
- Reviewing third-party testing agencies to ensure proper qualifications and capabilities.
- Maintaining a registry of water treatment systems that comply with Iowa law.
- Technical assistance to consumers and preliminary investigation of complaints regarding sale of unregistered water treatment systems or that are making unsubstantiated claims.
Water Treatment System Registration Rules: 641 Iowa Administrative Code Chapter 14
List of Registered Water Treatment Devices
Information relating specifically to Arsenic treatment: WTS - Arsenic 092015
Water Treatment Systems - A Consumer Information Pamphlet
For more information, contact:
- Randy Lane (515) 281-5894