Inclusive Health and Wellness Initiative for Iowans with Disabilities
The Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) has been awarded a five-year, $300,000 annually, grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Iowa was one of 19 states to be awarded funding through the "Improving the Health of People with Mobility Limitations and Intellectual Disabilities through State-based Public Health Programs" grant.
The purpose of the grant is to promote and maximize health, prevent chronic disease, and increase the quality of life among Iowans with disabilities.
Grant funding from the CDC will support the following activities:
- Improve Iowa public health system capacity
- Build healthy, inclusive Iowa communities
- Develop Iowa disability service organization capacity
- Increase Iowa healthcare provider knowledge and accessibility
For more information:
- Maggie Ferguson, MS, CRC, CBIS, Program Manager (515) 281-8465
- Karin Ford, MSPS, IACEM (515) 242-6336