Diabetes Prevention and Control
The Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) is working on diabetes prevention
and control through the Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Control
Partnership. IDPH collaborates with private and public agencies and
organizations throughout the state to:
- promote and provide education about diabetes prevention and control through training for health care providers;
- provide educational materials for communities, health care providers, and certified outpatient diabetes education programs;
- promote awareness of prediabetes;
- certify community-based outpatient diabetes education programs;
- maintain involvement with diabetes care providers and educators statewide;
- monitor, evaluate and report diabetes-related data, and
- promote and support community-based self-management programs for people with or at risk for chronic disease.
Iowa is part of a national effort for health promotion and chronic disease prevention and management. To learn more about the work being done in Iowa, including work related to diabetes prevention and management, click here.