The Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) has been notified of 6 additional positive cases of Iowans with COVID-19, for a total of 44 positive cases. 642 negative tests have been conducted at the State Hygienic Lab.
According to IDPH, the cases include:
- three individuals living in Polk County
- one adult (19-40 years)
- one middle aged adult (41-60 years)
- one older adult (61-80 years)
- one adult (19-40 years) in Muscatine County
- one middle aged adult (41-60 years) living in Dubuque County
- one adult (19-40 years) living in Johnson County.
Two additional non-residents of Iowa tested positive at Iowa healthcare facilities for COVID-19.
A status report of monitoring and testing of COVID19 in Iowa provided by IDPH can be found here. In addition, a public hotline has been established for Iowans with questions about COVID-19. The line is available 24/7 by calling 2-1-1 or 1-800-244-7431. The governor’s office and the Iowa Department of Public Health will be transitioning to mid morning updates as testing capabilities have expanded.
Gov. Reynolds held a press conference today, which can be viewed here.