Board of Physical & Occupational Therapy - About Staff & Board
The Iowa Board of Physical and Occupational is staffed by a Board Executive and a Secretary in the Bureau of Professional Licensure, Iowa Department of Public Health. Legal Services are provided by the Iowa Attorney General's Office.
Iowa Board of Physical and Occupational Therapy
Bureau of Professional Licensure
Iowa Department of Public Health
Lucas State Office Bldg., 5th Floor
321 East 12th Street
Des Moines, IA 50319-0075
Phone (515) 281-0254
FAX (515) 281-3121
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Monday through Friday, excluding state holidays
The Board is made up of three members licensed to practice physical therapy, two members licensed to practice occupational therapy, and two members who are not licensed to practice physical therapy or occupational therapy and who shall represent the general public.
- serve three-year terms (unless filling an unexpired term),
- appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate,
- serve no more than nine years (three full terms).
Iowa Board of Physical and Occupational Therapy Members
- Holly Little, Occupational Therapist
- Melinda Shetler, Occupational Therapist
- Brett Spiers, Physical Therapist
- Steven Cassabaum, Physical Therapist
- Rachel Judisch, Public Member
- Robert Palmer, Public Member
How to Become a Board Member
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Board, you just need to fill out the proper forms and submit them.
You can find the information you need through the Governor's Office.