Board of Mortuary Science - Apply For a New License
See left menu for Renewal and Reactivation
The documents below explain the required steps to complete the application process. While the process has several steps many of the requirements can be done simultaneously. Best practice is to apply online
Documents may be submitted electronically to the Board office. The Board’s fax number is 515-281-3121. Emailed documents should go to email@example.com .
To expedite processing a new license request, take advantage of our secure online application.
- To access the Online Services web site click on this link: https://ibplicense.iowa.gov
- Select ‘Create an Account’ from left menu bar and follow the prompts on the screen to complete the process.
- For questions regarding accounts call the State of Iowa Service Desk at 515-281-5703 or 800-532-1174 or view the ‘Creating Your Account Tutorial’
- Make sure you write down all account information, you will need it every time you log in.
- Once the account is created, go to Online Services and select ‘Sign In’ from the left menu bar
- On the ‘My Profile’ page enter name and contact information, click ‘Submit’
- On the ‘My Profile Update’ page, click ‘Confirm and Apply for a License’
- On the ‘Apply for License’ page, select Board and License Type, click ‘Continue’
- Complete the application questions. All fields, even those which aren’t required at submission, should be completed.
- Upload Attachment: Supporting documentation can be uploaded 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Refer to the Application Guidelines above to determine if a document can be submitted by the applicant or must come directly from an outside agency. Note: attaching online is just an option.
- Pay the bill now using MasterCard, VISA, Discover, or American Express card.
- You will receive an email confirming receipt of your payment and a separate email confirming receipt of your application.
Applications are reviewed by Board staff as soon as possible, in the order received, typically within 5 business days.
- Refer to the Application Guidelines above to determine what steps you can complete while awaiting review.
- Once your application is reviewed, you will receive an email with an attached letter indicating what additional information is required to approve the license.
The rules below describe the application process for Mortuary Science.
Scroll down in the Fees Rules to the name of this board to find the application fee.
Due to COVID-19, paper applications will not be processed at this time. Apply, renew, or reactivate online at https://ibplicense.iowa.gov For questions about username and password, please call the State of Iowa Service Desk at 515-281-5703 or 800-532-1174. For assistance with the online application contact 515-281-0254.
When the application for a Funeral Home Establishment is submitted because there is a change in ownership of the Establishment, please submit the License Certificate and the License Card with the expiration date. This licensure application is not to be used when renewing a license. See Renewal, located on the left side menu.