Board of Chiropractic - Apply For a New License
See left menu for Renewal and Reactivation
The document below explains the required steps to complete the application process. While the process has several steps many of the requirements can be done simultaneously. Best practice is to apply for a new license online.
To expedite processing a new license request, take advantage of our secure online application.
- To access the Online Services web site click on this link: https://ibplicense.iowa.gov
- Select ‘Create an Account’ from left menu bar and follow the prompts on the screen to complete the process.
- For questions regarding accounts call the State of Iowa Service Desk at 515-281-5703 or 800-532-1174 or view the ‘Creating Your Account Tutorial’
- Make sure you write down all account information, you will need it every time you log in.
- Once the account is created, go to Online Services and select ‘Sign In’ from the left menu bar
- On the ‘My Profile’ page enter name and contact information, click ‘Submit’
- On the ‘My Profile Update’ page, click ‘Confirm and Apply for a License’
- On the ‘Apply for License’ page, select Board and License Type, click ‘Continue’
- Complete the application questions. All fields, even those which aren’t required at submission, should be completed.
- Upload Attachment: Supporting documentation can be uploaded 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Refer to the Application Guidelines above to determine if a document can be submitted by the applicant or must come directly from an outside agency. Note: attaching online is just an option.
- Pay the bill now using MasterCard, VISA, Discover, or American Express card.
- You will receive an email confirming receipt of your payment and a separate email confirming receipt of your application.
Applications are reviewed by Board staff as soon as possible, in the order received, typically within 2 – 3 weeks.
- Refer to the Application Guidelines above to determine what steps you can complete while awaiting review.
- Once your application is reviewed, you will receive an email with an attached letter indicating what additional information is required to approve the license.
Scroll down in the Fees Rules to the name of this board to find the application fee.
Apply directly to the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners (NBCE) to take the examination. Successful completion of Parts I, II, III, IV and Physiotherapy are required for licensure.
Application Forms. Allow extra time to process paper applications.