Board of Barbering - Renewal
Renewal Rules (Barber)
Renewal Rules (Barbershop)
Continuing education is not a requirement for a barbershop establishment renewal.
You can renew your license up to 60 days before your current license expires.
Personal License(s): You may begin the renewal process on May 2 of even numbered years.
Shop License(s): You may begin the renewal process on May 2 of even numbered years.
School License(s): You may begin the renewal process on May 2 annually.
Renewal notifications will be emailed to your email address on file with the board at 60, 50, 40 and 30 days prior to the license expiration date. Renew your license early to avoid a late fee or lapse in licensure. All continuing education requirements must be completed prior to license renewal.
To expedite the processing of your license renewal, you can take advantage of our secure online renewal application.
- Log in to your online account by clicking on this link: https://ibplicense.iowa.gov/mystatus
- Enter your account ID.
- Enter your password. If you forgot your password, click on the Forgot Password link located at the top of the sign in page.
- If you need help with your account contact the Office of the Chief Information Officer at (515) 281.5703 or (800) 532.1174.
- On the My Profile page: update any old information, select [Submit]. Ensure your profile has your current email and mailing address at all times.
- On the My Profile Update page select [Confirm] and Go to My Licenses
- At the bottom left on My Licenses page select [Renew]
- Answer all renewal questions.
- Pay the bill now using MasterCard, VISA, Discover, or American Express card.
Due to COVID-19, paper applications will not be processed at this time. Apply or renew online at https://ibplicense.iowa.gov For questions about username and password, please call the State of Iowa Service Desk at 515-281-5703 or 800-532-1174. For assistance with the online application contact 515-281-0254.