Control and mitigate the spread of disease in Iowa
How are we doing?
What does IDPH do to control and mitigate the spread of disease in Iowa?
What can I do?
There are a few simple things Iowans can do to avoid getting sick with infectious disease:
- The first line of defense is to wash your hands and cover your cough.
- >Vaccinate you and your family.
- Educate yourself on how to prevent mosquito and tick bites.
- Get tested for sexually transmitted diseases (including HIV), hepatitis C.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle, especially when visiting other countries where TB is common.