Many other professionals serve as community partners to help meet the nutrition and health needs of WIC clients and Iowa families. 


*New* Program Fraud & Abuse

In 2017 the Iowa WIC program has stepped up its efforts to stop program Fraud & Abuse and we need your help!


What is Fraud?

Fraud is the intentional or unintentional misuse of the WIC program by either vendor staff or a participant.

How Do I Report Suspected Fraud?

If you suspect fraud and wish to report it, you will need to complete the Fraud & Abuse Report. Please complete it to the best of your ability and submit it to Todd Erskine, the Iowa WIC Program Integrity Coordinator. More information on how to submit can be found at the bottom of the report.

When Should I Report Suspected Fraud?

If you suspect fraud is taking place, report it right away! The WIC program will take the next steps to investigate reports. 

Will I Stay Anonymous?

Yes. We do ask that you provide your name and e-mail address when submitting reports, but this information will never be shared. This information is only used to contact you in case we have additional questions. 

Why Should I Report Suspected Fraud?

In order to ensure that the Iowa WIC program is serving those in need, we must enforce all of our rules. If the program is being misused that takes resources away from those who need it. If you suspect that someone is misusing the program, we encourage you to submit a Fraud & Abuse Report to us. 


Please direct any questions to Todd Erskine at Todd.Erskine@idph.iowa.gov 

For more information about WIC, call 1-800-532-1579 or (515) 281-6650. You may also use the Contact Us system to send us a question online.


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

Read the full USDA Non-Discrimination Statement and to learn how to file a complaint.