How Do I Apply for a Cannabidiol Registration card?

Effective June 19, 2017, application forms for Medical Cannabidiol Cards can be found at the bottom of this page.  Application forms are also available by calling the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) at 515-281-5616 to request an application be mailed. A request for a mailed application, can also be made by using the Contact Us function near the top of this page. A request for an application should include your name, phone number, U.S. Postal mailing address, and the type of application requested (patient or primary caregiver).

Download Application

Current Card Holders - Renewal Process

A Medical Cannabidiol Registration Card issued by the Iowa Department of Transportation will expire 12 months from the date it was issued. Current card holders may renew expiring Medical Cannabidiol Registration Cards by completing a  patient or primary caregiver application. The application must be approved by IDPH prior to the expiration date on the current Medical Cannabidiol Registration Card. 

 Questions about the Application or Renewal Process?

Questions related to the application or renewal process may be directed to IDPH by calling 515-281-5616. All calls will be returned within 48 hours of receipt during regular office hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00a.m. - 4:30p.m.