Iowa Comprehensive Cancer Control Program
Comprehensive Cancer Control (CCC) is a collaborative process where the community combines resources to reduce the burden of cancer by working to:
- Prevent cancer from occurring;
- Find it in its earliest stages;
- Improve the accessibility, availability, and quality of cancer treatment services and programs; and
- Enhance optimal quality of life for people impacted by cancer.
Program Background & Funding
The ICCCP was established in 2001, and is part of the Iowa Department of Public Health's Bureau of Chronic Disease Prevention and Management. The ICCCP currently receives a Comprehensive Cancer Control federal grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to support the creation of a statewide cancer partnership and state cancer control plan. For the past several years, the ICCCP has received a state appropriation for comprehensive cancer control to implement the state cancer plan and for cervical and colorectal cancer screening.
Save the Date
Iowa Cancer Summit
October 18-19, 2016
FFA Enrichment Center, Des Moines, IA
GOAL: To reduce cancer mortality and morbidity, and increase the quality of life of those affected by cancer through public and professional education programs and activities, which support the statewide cancer partnership and implementation of the state cancer plan.
Iowa Department of Public Health:
- Manages a Comprehensive Cancer Control grants.
- Seeks resources to support and expand state cancer control efforts.
The Department Provides Community Outreach to:
- Support and maintain the collaborative efforts of the statewide cancer partnership.
- Serve as the health department's representative to external agencies and organizations.
- Serve as a point of contact for the general public and health professionals seeking cancer information.
- Provide technical assistance to communities working to improve local cancer control efforts.
- Coordinate public awareness and education projects.
For More Information:
- Please contact the program staff