Board of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences - Renewal
License Renewal Process
Prior to February 7, 2018 you are required to complete 8 hours of continuing education. Effective February 7, 2018 and after you are required to complete 6 hours of continuing education.
You can renew your license(s) up to 60 days before your current license expires.
Renewal notifications will be emailed to your email address on file with the board at 60, 50, 40 and 30 days prior to the license expiration date. If you have not renewed your license 20 days prior to the license expiration date, a postcard will be mailed to your mailing address on file. Renew your license early to avoid a late fee or lapse in licensure. All continuing education requirements must be completed prior to license renewal.
To expedite the processing of your license renewal, you can take advantage of our online renewal application. Online license renewal is fast, safe and convenient!
- Log in to your online account by clicking on this link: https://ibplicense.iowa.gov/mystatus
- Enter your account ID. You must use the account ID provided to you in the email notifications and on the postcard.
- Enter your password. If you forgot your password, click on the Forgot Password link located at the top of the sign in page.
- On the My Profile page: update any old information, select [Submit]. Ensure your profile has your current email and mailing address at all times.
- On the My Profile Update page select [Confirm] and Go to My Licenses
- At the bottom left on My Licenses page select [Renew]
- Answer all renewal questions.
- Pay the bill now using MasterCard, VISA, Discover credit or debit card.
- If you are unable to renew online you may download a paper renewal application sixty days prior to the license expiration date.
Salon Establishment Rules
Please refer to board rules for the process to renew a salon establishment license.