Welcome to 1st Five
What is 1st Five?
1st Five is a public-private partnership bridging primary care and public health services in Iowa. The 1st Five model supports health providers in the earlier detection of social-emotional and developmental delays and family risk-related factors in children birth to 5 and coordinates referrals, interventions and follow-up.
1st Five Model of Implementation
1st Five's Reach in Iowa 2007-2016
- 18 Coordinating sites
- 88 Iowa counties
- 200+ Healthcare practices
- 600+ Healthcare Providers
- 136,971+ Estimated number of children birth to age 5 reached
- 12,000+ Families referred from health providers into 1st Five
- 26,000+ Connections from 1st Five out to community services
- ~3 Community connections made for each family engaged in 1st Five care coordination
Participating Providers (click for list)
1st Five Site Coordinators Map and Contact Information (click for information)
1st Five News!
1st Five has been identified as a Promising Practice by the national Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs. As part of its commitment to serve as a national resource for members and to support state efforts to build successful maternal and child health programs, AMCHP collects, reviews and disseminates emerging, promising and best practices from public health programs across the U.S. so that effective models can be shared and replicated among the MCH community.The 1st Five description in AMCHP’s Innovation Station is available at this link.